Shabu-shabu is popular during cold winter, but rarely attractive in summer. This is a cold shabu-shabu recipe. I used chicken breast here, but you can substitute it to thinly sliced beef or pork (they are available at Asian grocery stores).
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 thumb size ginger skin attached sliced
- 2 scallions chopped in 1″ length
- 4 cups chicken broth (I used Better Than Bouillon, which Costco sells in good price)
- Lots of fresh vegetables and boiled vegetables (tomatoes, julienned cucumbers, lettuce, boiled spinach, boiled turnip leaves, etc.)
- Ponzu or sesame ponzu for seasoning (see recipe)